Dear Parents and Community Members:
We are pleased to present you with the Annual Education Report (AER) which provides key information on the 2016-17 educational progress for Williamston Middle School. The AER addresses the complex reporting information required by federal and state laws. The school’s report contains information about student assessment, accountability, and teacher quality. If you have any questions about the AER, please contact Robert Watson for assistance.
The AER is available for you to review electronically by visiting the following web site https://goo.gl/ZRH2ix (SEE Q.4 AND Q.5 OF THE 2017-18 AER FAQ DOCUMENT FOR DIRECTIONS), or you may review a copy in the main office at your child’s school.
For the 2016-17 school year, schools were identified using new definitions and labels as required in the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA). A Targeted Support and Improvement (TSI) school is one that has at least one underperforming student subgroup. An Additional Targeted Support (ATS) school is one that has three or more underperforming student subgroups. A Comprehensive Support and Improvement (CSI) school is one whose performance is in the lowest 5% of all schools in the state. Some schools are not identified with any of these labels. In these cases, no label is given.
Our school was identified as a “HAS NOT BEEN GIVEN ONE OF THESE LABELS”.
Our key challenges are highlighted in our school improvement plan. We have been working hard to implement new science and mathematics curriculums. Further, our work on PARS strategies has been a focus in all of our classrooms. We continue to focus on instruction and blended learning. Both MTSS (multi-tiered academic interventions)and PBIS (positive behavior intervention and supports) are essential areas of concentration.
State law requires that we also report additional information.
- PROCESS FOR ASSIGNING PUPILS TO THE SCHOOL for the last two years - All 6th, 7th, and 8th graders are assigned to Williamston Middle School
- THE STATUS OF THE 3-5 YEAR SCHOOL IMPROVEMENT PLAN -Every year we update our school improvement plan. Currently we are in the process of updating our 2018-19 school improvement plan.
- A BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF EACH SPECIALIZED SCHOOL - We are a middle school serving grades 6,7, and 8.
- IDENTIFY HOW TO ACCESS A COPY OF THE CORE CURRICULUM, A DESCRIPTION OF ITS IMPLEMENTATION, AND AN EXPLANATION OF THE VARIANCES FROM THE STATE’S MODEL - Our district follows the guidelines for curriculum set out by the State of Michigan. Materials may be accessed by request from teaching staff or the office.
- THE AGGREGATE STUDENT ACHIEVEMENT RESULTS FOR ANY LOCAL COMPETENCY TESTS OR NATIONALLY NORMED ACHIEVEMENT TESTS -Please see the AER located on our website.
- IDENTIFY THE NUMBER AND PERCENT OF STUDENTS REPRESENTED BY PARENTS AT PARENT-TEACHER CONFERENCES - Fall 2016 -50%, Spring 2017 - 43%, Fall 2017- 54%, Spring 2018 - 48%
At Williamston Middle School we continue to focus on student learning and teacher instruction as our primary initiative.
Robert E. Watson
AER 16-17 (18)
© 2011 - 2017 Williamston Community Schools > Williamston Middle School. All Rights Reserved.