Discovery Elementary School Enrollment Forms
Welcome to Discovery Elementary School!
Whether you are inquiring about our school or enrolling a new student, we are happy to provide you with this information. We are extremely proud of our school, our staff and our community. We believe that Discovery is a “great place to learn,” and we hope you will agree!
All the following information must be submitted for your child to be enrolled in to Williamston Community Schools:
- Enrollment Card (this is two-sided and needs a signature on the back)
- Release of Records – allows us to request student records transferring from previous school district
- State Certified Birth Certificate (Must be one with raised seal; we will make a copy)
- Proof of Residency Affidavit (rent receipt, mortgage payment, utility bill, phone bill or property tax receipt or Driver’s License)
- Immunization Record – due at time of enrollment and cannot be delayed until the student file arrives from the previous school (refer to requirement chart in folder)
- Proof of Vision Screening
- Ethnicity Form
- Home Language Survey – this is required by the State
- Consent for Disclosure of Immunization Information to Local and State Health Departments
Additional information that is needed for student’s record:
- Special Education/504 Plan Questionnaire
- Parent/Student Concussion Information Form – Michigan Sports Concussion Law
- Permission/Technology Permission Form – for field trips, photographing and video permission, directory information and internet use agreement
- Student Learner Information Form – helps us to place your student in their best learning environment
- Transportation Information Sheet – needed for bus routes
Visit this link for information on obtaining a certified copy of a Birth Certificate: http://cl.ingham.org/Home/VitalRecords/VitalRecordsBirthCertificates.aspx
Certified copies of Birth Certificates are $20.00 for the first copy and $10.00 for additional copies of the same record.
Please take the time to complete all enrollment forms and return them to the Discovery Elementary Office. If you have any questions, please call the school’s main number: